January 3, 2014

2014 Resolutions

Writing reminds me of dieting. It's an on-off habit i've developed ever since I discovered the internet. I started blogging during the age of Xanga, until I switched to Blogger. Last time I opened a blog was back in college wherein we were obliged to write something substantial about our thesis. Blah blah blah i'm already bored. So what makes me write again?


"I wanted to run roadblocks in the middle of the night, blowing past angry militia with a handful of hurled Marlboro packs, experience fear, excitement, wonder. I wanted kicks -- the kind of melodramatic thrills and chills I'd yearned for since childhood, the kind of adventure I'd found as a little boy in the pages of my Tintin comic books. I wanted to see the world - and I wanted the world to be just like the movies. 

Unreasonable? Overromantic? Uninformed? Foolhardy? Yes!"

-- Anthony Bourdain, A Cook's Tour


It could be the perfect playlist that i'm listening to right now. (Thank you Songza & 8Tracks!) It could be this Bourdain book that motivates me to dream bigger. It could be the support that I get from my friends who encourage me to write again. It could be the stuff i've discovered and loved through the years, which have been stuck in my body like an overflowing fluid. But these are just factors, notably strong ones, that when sum up, fuels my drive to live. And the only reason that hinders me from writing is the fear of not being able to express it well. Damn pressure. Thanks to social media, telling the world what you love can be translated thru pictures and posts. So what can you expect out of all this? This time, it's all about Passion.

Music. Books. Movies. Design. Food. People. Travel. This is me. 2013 was an awesome year for travel, as well as the end of 2012. 


I feel bad for not writing about it. It's 2014 and it's been 10 years since I struggled on putting everything in my head to words. This time, i'm not holding back.

Where to? :)



No comments:

Post a Comment