August 15, 2015

Hawk Bag: My New Travel Companion

One day, I received a Red Hawk Bag from Cyrus Villarosa, Sales and Marketing Manager of Hawk Bags. I wasn't so sure about trying another brand (since I was using Herschel or North Face for the longest time). But, as soon as I opened the package, I knew that I would be using it in my next travels. If you love a bag that looks clean and simple on the outside, but has multiple compartments on the inside, you may consider Hawk Bag as one of your options. 

See what makes Hawk Bag the perfect companion
I was smitten by the size, design, the functionality, and most importantly, its color. Design-wise, it has two big pockets and one main zipper. I was skeptical at first, with the fear of limited space for my needs -- I was wrong.

Functionality

The top pocket can handle my notebook, passport, and other things that need immediate accessibility.



The bottom one contains different pockets for my pens, charger, and other stuff that requires minimum space. Now on to the bigger part: the main compartment.




Just when I thought the bag was small enough for 3-4 days, I was surprised to see that everything fit in. It has a garterized division for your laptops/ipads/valuable items. And the main one can carry 2 pairs of slippers, 6 sets of clothes, toiletries, and my travel pillow.

Features



What I like most about it is its fabric made from Durashield


-- Polyvinyl Chloride made for heavy-duty usage to protect your valuables.


It also has a cushion to support your back.

The Laptop compartment can carry and protect my 13" Macbook
In my opinion, this is a pretty handy and durable bag. I tried to fill it with heavy items, and it proves to be durable enough to last for a trip. I got soaked because of sudden heavy rain pour, but my items remained dry and secured.



Price



Herschel's Little America cost me at a hefty price of P4,999.00. The minimum price of a North Face bag will cost you at around P5,000.00. But with this design, you can only get it at P1,499.75. You may purchase from their website or at any Department stores near you.


Overall

I am a fan. I have always loved backpacks and I've also had my share of disappointments with other brands. Hawk Bag is not one of them. I got this last April and have been using this for staycations....


Avoiding the noise of the Metro at Microtel Baguio
Baguio City, Benguet, July 2015


Taking a Staycation at Red Planet, Aseana
Manila, July 2015
... and long vacations.


Strolling along the streets of Jordan, 
Hong Kong, China, June 2015
Gazing at the Golden dome of the Sultan Omar Ali Saiffudien Mosque,
Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam, August 2015

Their recent rebranding shows their commitment not only to keep up with their image, but to provide quality and aesthetically modern-looking products for students, travelers, young professionals, and the young-at-heart.

To quote Chester Ching, VKC Incorporated Marketing Director

"Our present generation is a thinking market. With the growing demand of our patrons, who are very specific with what they want and need, we cannot compromise not to step up and better our game play. We cultivated from offering a durable brand to giving close attention to the bag’s functionality, stylish design with superior features. By persistently adapting to changes, Hawk is increasingly growing in the market,”


Waiting for Departure at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport
August 2015

Whether it be for travels or or just a normal day, I trust Hawk Bag and will be using this for days to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment